caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lilly is EIGHT pounds!!!


Weight check = 8 lbs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!!!!!!!!

"Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever."

We're having trouble getting Lilly's tape that holds on her tube to stay put. Her skin is so dry and the tape is leaving red blotches. The new pieces don't want to stick well. I had to replace the tape this morning. I tucked the tube into her headband to see if that will help hold it some. And I'm upping my prayers that Lilly will be able to just be done with the feeding tube soon and eat normally!

10 comments:

  1. the last post made me cry. I couldn't even post a comment.
    This one makes me smile BIG!!! :)
    PRAYING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, sweet Lilly! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I blog hopped here a while back and am praying for Lilly and all of your family and friends.

    I wonder about different types of tape for Lilly's face. I just googled "Mepitac" and "Tegaderm". I've no idea what you've been able to look into or hear about. I have used OpSite myself and like it (I had a surgical incision not heal up properly and have sensitive skin; I bought the OpSite and have used it for tons of little skin issues since).

    I will pray that you will find a great option for Lilly's skin.

    Hugs in Christ,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Lilly! Just two more pounds to go.

    I know you probably need something with a strong adhesive, but I'm wondering if there's some kind of tape that's easier on the skin. Keeping you all in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 8 pounds!!

    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love,
    Tabby

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are Amazing!!! It is showing how much through our growing baby girl!!! I am so amazed Lisa.. It seems like 6 wks is so close to schedule the surgery so I look forward to hearing the exact day since I know we will all be praying for you all!!!! Colorado is awaiting a visit from Lilly.. you never know, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise praise PRAISE GOD! What wonderful news! And she looks like such a lovely little butter ball in that pic! xoxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear about Lilly's graduation to 8 pounds! Praying for her to get bigger and bigger ... God is very good.

    ReplyDelete