caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tight fisted (but not about money!)


Lilly seems to be doing better with her congestion today. She just had brief times when her breathing was noisy. Lord willing her cold will prove to be a mild case.

I have noticed again that I am drawn to baby hands. Whenever I'm around new babies I find myself looking at their hands and admiring how they open and close their hands and wiggle their fingers around.

Lilly still doesn't do that, as you can see in these pictures. Sometimes she'll open a couple fingers up, but I don't know if I've ever seen her unclench her thumbs and forefingers.

We hope to change that with physical therapy. We've started things moving in the system to get that set up. Hopefully Lilly can start soon! I look forward to seeing her open her hands one day. And to see her just strengthen her body's low muscle tone.

As Jesus himself said, "with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

3 comments:

  1. Lilly and God make an amazing team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are so precious as they are of course...but yes, we long to see her open them...excited to learn what the PT person suggest...
    xoxoxxoo mj

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can have piano lessons and you can have therapy lessons, Lilly!

    Sis Tabby

    ReplyDelete