caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Unwanted guest


Lilly and my son both have colds. Lilly doesn't really have a runny nose, but I can hear a lot of congestion in her. She spit up several times today (spitting up is actually pretty unusual for her) and it was mainly mucus. Saline drops and the bulb syringe just don't seem to be able to reach the junk. We sat under a blanket with a pot of boiling water for awhile. I think the steam helped some. I know it's just a "common cold" but it makes me a bit nervous with Lilly. Colds can be epecially rough for Trisomy 18 children.

In spite of her cold, Lilly was happy most of the day. Quite chatty at times, and seemed to especially enjoy tummy time on the quilt.

"And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. . . . Therefore . . . pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." James 5:16-17


5 comments:

  1. I love hearing that she is getting chatty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to read how Lilly is keeping you happy with her chitchat:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you poor thing Lilly!!!

    Get well quick!!!

    Love,
    Tabby

    ReplyDelete