caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Baby eczema - any recommendations?

Here's a little video of Lilly blowing spit bubbles (or raspberries as some people call it). She loves making loud slobbery noises with her mouth now.





We have been amazed at how happy Lilly has been feeling lately. She is getting so good at making eye contact and talking to us. And she is smiling almost anytime anyone looks her in the eye.

Lilly seems to have eczema on her face. I am hoping it's only "baby eczema." My son had that and it had cleared up by the time he was about 15 months old. I tried using the herbal salve on Lilly that worked so great for my son, but she has not had the same result. We tried a number of other things but nothing seems to completely clear it for long. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you!

"Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually." - 1 Chronicles 16:11

6 comments:

  1. email Moriah. She knows of one, (of course) I can't remember what it is but some over the counter one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aquafor or Eucerin - used it on my oldest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, I have no ideas. But I wanted you to know how much I am enjoying following your blog. Love to read up on one of Aaron's little friends doing so very well. Keep going strong, little one, and mama too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHISSHY WANTS MORE VIDEOS!

    GREEDY, HUH?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about "Eden Salve"? Or coconut oil?

    T. WANTS LOTS OF VIDEOS!!!

    I'm even more greedy than Shissy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was there a change in Lilly's diet recently? There may be an offending food or ingredient that's causing the trigger. Topically, I've heard calendula is good. As an eczema sufferer, I've found Aubrey Organics' Vegecol cream to be very effective (it contains calendula oil). Not sure if it's suitable for a baby, though. Perhaps calendula baby cream?

    ReplyDelete