caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sweet gifts from Hannah Grace's family



Weight check = 11 lbs. 11 oz.

Last month I posted a picture of and a link to the story of a little angel girl named Hannah Grace. Hannah had Trisomy 18 but is now perfect and in heaven. Her mother sweetly sent two of her outfits for Lilly. Hannah's sisters sent gifts too - one made a couple flowers for Lilly's headbands, and another made a blanket for Lilly. Lilly and I are so very honored to have received these things.


Here is a direct link to read Hannah's story if you didn't see it last month when I posted it: http://kwantfamilycorner.blogspot.com/


In today's pictures, Lilly is wearing an orange dress that her big sister T. bought her. She is wearing an orange flower from one of Hannah's sisters, and is lying on a blanket made by another of Hannah's sisters.

After trying a lot of things, I have finally found something that seems to be clearing up Lilly's eczema. It is a product called Borage Dry Skin Therapy by ShiKai. It is for dry skin, eczema, and cradle cap. Their "secret" is from Borage - an herb that is rich in Gamma-Linolenic Acid (an omega-6 fatty acid). I had never heard of that before, but it is wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...... I love that dress.... I wonder where she got it..... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Alabama! I try to keep up with your posts but sometimes get way behind. In your mentioning about Lilly having a HL (hearing loss), I knew I "had" to tell you to look up www.hearingloss.org It is the big Hearing Loss Association of America. I am 67 & have worn HAs (hearing aids) for 5+ years & recently returned from the national convention. Before you pass this off as irrelevant, the HL site has a LOT on it about children born with HL. Another site you might find interesting is that of a girl, now 12, who has been wearing HAs since she was 18 months old. That is www.hayleighscherishedcharms.com

    Prayers to and for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more short one I was just pointed to today that has a lot about babies' hearing: www.betterhearing.org Prayers to you all. Glad Lilly is growing and doing so well!

    ReplyDelete