caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Compatible with joy


In today's pictures you can see matching name bracelets that my older daughter made for herself and Lilly.

I recently found a website about Aaron, a little boy with Trisomy 18 that just turned one. Yay! I love the name of his blog: "Compatible with Joy." A common phrase in the medical field describing babies with Trisomy 18 is that they are "incompatible with life." So this boy's blog title is just wonderful how it corrects that horrid phrase. If you'd like to read about Aaron, go to:
http://compatiblewithjoy-trisomy18.blogspot.com/

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice." - Philippians 4:4

5 comments:

  1. love the pictures!
    tabitha, couzin clara loved her bracelet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like Aaron's blog. I have loved reading about your Lilly. They are only weeks apart from each other. She is so beautiful. And love, love your scripture from Philippians. It describes my feelings exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the bracelets, Big Sisshy!

    Love, Aunt Shisshy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad those things are stretchy. You can wear yours for a while, Lilly.

    Love,
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. T. you did a great job on the bracelets - they are even more special because you made them! You are so creative, a gift from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete