caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lilly's first swim

Today Lilly had her first swimming adventure at a lake near us. It is my older daughter's 10th birthday and she wanted to swim.

First she dressed in her new swimsuit. No bikinis for Lilly. I love these full coverage suits. Her chubbniness is modestly covered ;) and I hardly have to put any sunscreen on her.

Lilly's eyes are very sensitive to the light. (Common with Trisomy 18 babies.) So I put her sunglasses on her and then her sunhat.


At the lake I put her into my Gypsy Mama water wrap. She seemed to enjoy snuggling close as we went into the water. She actually slept the first hour or so we were there. But then she woke up and started talking about things. She seemed to really enjoy being in the water.

Being in the water feels wonderful and bodies of water are incredibly peaceful to look at.


"Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb." - Revelation 22:1

4 comments:

  1. LOL you both look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, you didn't even cry like some babies would have, puddin'-puddin'. :)

    I was glad to hear you talk and see you splash a little! You LOVED when Mamma took you out in the deeper water. Maybe next time you will have a chance to boogey board in your 'surfer baby outfit'. :-D

    Love,
    T.

    ReplyDelete