caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, July 26, 2013

A new tooth and the ending of my fundraiser

Whew what a day!  Seems like all the kids are high maintenance today!  Maybe they're thinking that about me though.  I'm ready to crawl into bed with a book.  I will say Solomon has a legitimate excuse - his first tooth has broken through the gum.  As for the rest of us - can we blame it on a full moon?  We have cut back on schoolwork for the summer and I definitely see a difference.  The kids get bored and miss the structure in the day. 

On thing that the kids thoroughly enjoy is our morning walk around the property.  The rooster is still going with us.  Tabby wrote about it and has photos here over at her blog, The Goat Chick.  You will see that even the goats are following along the best they can!

Just a reminder, my Thirty One fundraiser ends tomorrow, Saturday July 27.  If you'd like to check out Thirty One and maybe place an order, go here:  https://www.mythirtyone.com/NikkiHuffman/ , click on "My Parties" on the left, and then clicking on "The Lilly Memorial Projects Thirty-One Fundraiser."

Remember that all earnings will be split between SOFT and my own Lilly Memorial Project.  By the way, my next focus for the Lilly Memorial Project will be for October, which is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month.  I'm gathering ideas together now.  There are so very many people touched by this.  I want to include many of the Trisomy children who were older than infants, when they died.

Tabby took these pictures today of Solomon in my Thirty-One "large utility tote" - the one that holds my Lilly project things:





1 comment: