caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Easy nursing dress

This says it all!



My sweet Lilly girl:

Has anyone ever had a baby that consistently napped sitting or standing up?  That is what Solomon has been doing the past several days.  He either manages to sleep sitting up in the middle of his crib, or standing and leaning against the rails.  It is cute and rather pitiful at the same time.



My friend C suggested I share this tip after I told her about it.  Recently I bought a dress I liked at the thrift shop.  (I like the simplicity of dresses - saves time getting dressed.  Just yank it over your head and go!)  It has a really deep V cut.  I decided to make it so I could wear it for nursing.  I took a camisole that I had and cut it shorter and hemmed it.  Makes access very easy - just pull over the V area and pull up the short cami.



Don't forget about my fundraiser!:
JOIN US FOR OUR FUNDRAISER THROUGH JULY 27TH! I am holding a Thirty One gifts fundraiser this month. All earnings will be split between SOFT and my own Lilly Memorial Project. Go to our party page by clicking https://www.mythirtyone.com/NikkiHuffman/ , click on "My Parties" on the left, and then clicking on "The Lilly Memorial Projects Thirty-One Fundraiser." THANK YOU!

The diaper bag that my sister-in-law made me and I used for Hunter and Lilly finally wore out.  I was surprised to find this "retro metro" bag from Thirty-One works GREAT for hauling around all our stuff.  (Why does the mama always end up carrying things for everyone in the family?)  Plus I have the organista crossbody purse which I keep inside and can just pull out to run into the store with if I don't want to take the whole bag.



Thank you so much to those of you who have placed an order already!  I am so encouraged and grateful!  :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment