caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Monday, July 8, 2013

There's a snake under her boot ...

This morning I was putting Solomon down for his nap and I faintly heard Tabby calling me.  It took me at least 5 minutes to finish up and then go find her.  When I finally found her, she was outside, standing on a ... long black rat snake!  (Thankfully she had her high rubber boots on.)  She asked me to please hurry and kill the snake.  I ran and got my boots on then ran to the woodshed and grabbed a shovel.  Ran back to Tabby and started chopping at the snake.  (The front half of the snake was under a small rubbermaid shed.)  It took several chops with the shovel to cut it open and then the guts spilled out.  Yuck.  Of course the tail area was still wiggling.  Tabby and I moved the shed and the front half of the snake wiggled out.  Chop!  Off came the head.  Then I scooped up the parts and tossed them into the woods.  Tabby was thrilled we had eliminated a rat snake.

I asked her how it came to be that she was standing on a snake!  She said that she was out back and the rooster started making all sorts of racket and attacking something.  She hurried over to see and saw the snake and thought it had it's eye on her little silkie chicken, Taffeta.  The mama hen in Tabby took over and she stomped down on the snake as it tried to get away.  Then she stood there on it until I came out.

Wow.  My girl is so brave!  And I can now say I've killed my first rat snake.  (Bleech.)  The other day the rooster bit the head off a baby snake.  He may be one bossy rooster, but we are liking him!

This evening I told Tabby it was too bad we didn't have a picture for the blog!  She just shook her head and said she did not care for looking at guts.  I'm sure most of you feel the same way.  :)

I'm so encouraged that there have been several orders place for my Thirty One fundraiser!  I wanted to just share quickly about my very favorite Thirty One tote.  It is called the "organizing utility tote."  I use them for files and homeschool things.  The first one I got, embroidered with "My Angel Lilly" has many of my Lilly related files and blog stuff in it:



I found you can keep your contents straight, and the back from tipping over, by using an clear "open top file box" inside it.  I got mine for less than $10 from Staples:


Through Thirty One sales, I've gotten two more of the organizing utility totes.  One has Hunter's homeschool workbooks inside it, and the pockets are stuffed with flashcards, scissors, tape, pens, stopwatch, etc. That one is embroidered with "Aletha Academy," the name of our homeschool.  ("Aletha" is the Greek word for "truth.")  The last tote, embroidered with "Grow In Wisdom" contains all of the character study books and notebooks that the kids and I use for that subject.  (I'll share more about those books soon as I'm very pleased with them.)


I love having the stuff kept together in the totes.  And it's easy to pick them up and take them wherever I need them!  If you're an organizing junkie like me, you'll love this bag.  :)

JOIN US FOR OUR FUNDRAISER THROUGH JULY 27TH! I am holding a Thirty One gifts fundraiser this month. All earnings will be split between SOFT and my own Lilly Memorial Project. Go to our party page by clicking https://www.mythirtyone.com/NikkiHuffman/ , click on "My Parties" on the left, and then clicking on "The Lilly Memorial Projects Thirty-One Fundraiser." THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment