caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Book recommendation: 4 Moms of 35+ Kids Answer Your Parenting Questions

I have four children.  One in heaven, three living with me.  Each is so very different.  Every time I think I have some aspect of raising children figured out something new will come up, leaving me stumped and back to God praying for wisdom.  Again.

photo credit:  Tabby
So I always appreciate hearing about/reading practical advice from other parents.  Especially parents of big families - I figure more kids means they've dealt with more!  (It's funny, sometimes when we're out in public, strangers will make comments to me that 3 kids equals a big family!  I really don't think so, even though I understand it's sadly more than usual these days.)



 I just finished reading an e-book called 4 Moms of 35+ Kids Answer Your Parenting Questions.  It's a pretty big book - 189 pages.  And I learned some new, helpful things to add to my daily arsenal of parenting tactics.  Plus I got a lot of encouragement.  In the book, 4 different moms each gave their answers to 14 different questions.  Here are the questions:

- How do you get your family to church on time?
- How do you teach your children to be still and quiet in church?
- How do you prepare children to be around unbelieving family?
- How do you keep things fair for all your children?
- How do you keep your patience in the midst of chaos?
- How do you manage outings with only little ones?
- Do you ever feel discouraged or overwhelmed?
- How do you make sure your children get enough individual time?
- Naps: How important are they? How do you make them happen?
- How do you find time for projects that need to be done, require focused attention and which the children can't help with?
- How do you teach your children to do chores?
- How do you teach children to be diligent?
- Which parenting style is best?
- How do you teach your children about the birds and the bees?
- How do you deal with sibling squabbles?

The Appendix has:  master chore list; You might be a large family if; fruit of the spirit printable, and sermon notes printable.

Each of the 4 moms are also bloggers and in their responses they often refer to one of their blogposts.  I found one mom in particular seemed to often be speaking directly to me and our particular situation many times!  I followed many of her links to her blog and got even more practical advice that way.  I do want to stress that ALL 4 of the moms had a lot of good advice.

The e-book is currently available for $7.99 here:
http://4moms35kids.com/4-moms-of-35-kids-answer-your-parenting-questions-ebook-sale/

Speaking of books, I have mentioned the book Trim, Healthy Mama several times.  This book is full of good information and a ton of recipes.  It follows a low glycemic way of eating.  Eat this way and you will be full and eat lots of yummy healthy foods.  (I am currently obsessed with the "choco pudding"!  Yes - chocolate pudding that is good for you!)  I gained about 50 pounds in my pregnancy with Solomon and I easily lost all that weight plus the 20 I had never lost after having Lilly - all in about 7 months.  Not bad!

I recently got an email from K., a reader, whom I've never met, that she started reading this blog to keep up with Lilly and pray for her.  She still reads this blog and learned about the Trim, Healthy Mama book here.  She got the book and began following it and has lost 49 lbs.!  And she said she looks and feels better than she has in years.  :)  I was so delighted to read K.'s email.  I just never know how another Lilly blessing might appear!

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think." - Ephesians 3:20

Have a great day!

both of these photos are by Tabby

What about you?  Do you have a favorite parenting book?

No comments:

Post a Comment