caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, February 24, 2012

Another beautiful "Lilly colored" gift

The other day we received in the mail a beautiful handmade table runner - sewn in red, white, and blue - from a family in Virginia. We had never met this family before, which made the gift even more touching. In a enclosed letter, S.H., the mom, shared about their family and about how they learned about Lilly, and how Lilly's story blessed them. Wow. THANK YOU!


I don't think we will ever cease to be amazed at how many people Lilly's life has touched. All by the grace of God. I don't think I can express in words just how much it means to me to know that. I feel like Jesus's mother Mary, and how she would be told things about her son or would just observe him, and she "kept all these things in her heart." (Luke 2:51b) Every time I hear one more person say something positive about Lilly, I save that in my heart. It helps to heal the brokenness.



For Valentine's Day, my daughter T. helped Lilly ;) purchase a pink Calla Lily plant for me. T. and I love lily flowers! We want to have a whole garden of different kinds of lilies. I was excited yesterday to see that an Easter lily we planted in the yard a couple years ago was starting to grow. This year I hope to plant a bunch more by it.

Spring is definitely coming. It is sunny and 73 degrees as I write this! It has been the warmest strangest winter. Many times I thought this would have been a perfect winter for Lilly. She would have gotten to go outside so much.

In homeschool we've been studying a different bird each week. Yesterday while outside I was pleased that I could identify four different birds by their song. Such nice little diversions.

"The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, . . ." - Song of Solomon 2:12

1 comment:

  1. I love calla lillies! I planted some yellow ones, but I want some in every color. :)

    I have heard mama speak of blessed diversions. God makes a way for us to carry on.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete