caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Safe in the arms of Jesus

Last year I found myself more and more drawn to drawings/paintings of Jesus with children. On the Trisomy 18 Mommies Facebook group I learned that a couple mama's had pictures drawn of Jesus with their children. I thought that was a fantastic idea.



After Lilly passed away I decided I really wanted a picture of Lilly with Jesus. After asking around some I mentioned it to my aunt and she suggested one of her artist friends, K. K said she would give it a shot. I don't know how far along she is on the picture, but I am really looking forward to it.



I have mentioned before on this blog that instead of having regular health insurance, we are members of a Christian medical needs sharing group called Samaritan Ministries. (I think we only pay in the low $300 range a month for our whole family!) Lilly had HUGE medical bills and Samaritan Ministries covered over 90% of them. As wonderful as that is, honestly the biggest blessing in being part of the group is that your medical need(s) are prayed for. We've probably received hundreds of checks and cards from other members and all of the people said they were praying for us and Lilly. In the last Samaritan Ministries newsletter, they printed a modified version of Lilly's obituary that I sent them in their "Final Rewards" section. Since the printing of that, we have begun receiving some amazing sympathy cards from members.



Yesterday we got the most wonderful package from a member named Anna. She enclosed a beautiful note card which has an adult hand holding a little child's hand and says "Touching our hands for a little while; but our hearts forever!", a drawing of Jesus holding a baby, and a pewter ornament of Jesus in a rocking chair holding a baby. Anna shared that these things brought her comfort after she had a miscarriage. We were incredibly touched by this gift. How kind and thoughtful of Anna - who we don't even know! I noticed that at least the note card and ornament were from http://www.aliceart.net/ . I think I'd like to order some of the note cards to have on hand as it seems we are often sending cards to grieving Trisomy families.



As I look at these pictures and the ornament today, which is exactly two months since Lilly left to be in the arms of Jesus, they really are bringing me comfort and peace. I am so happy for my little girl! I hope Jesus reminds Lilly how much I love her.

2 comments: