caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, February 26, 2012

A beautiful letter

This is the picture of Lilly that I used on the front of her acknowledgment cards that I made after she passed away. I took this picture of her back in October. She is holding her favorite stuffed animal - Hank - who we buried with her. I wish the lighting had been better - but we all love the picture anyway.

I'm done! Done with what? Tonight I finally finished responding to all the wonderful sympathy cards, gifts, etc. that we have received from people since Lilly passed away. It has taken me almost two months to do so. (My husband helped a lot.) At first I was feeling a bit bad for taking so long but then tonight I counted up everything that we sent an acknowledgment card for. That totalled around 250! OK ... now I can cut myself some slack. That WAS a lot. (And we're still occasionally getting cards!)

It was an enormous comfort when the sympathy cards began pouring in in December. However, I confess was not able to read most for several weeks. I looked at the return address and then put them in a box. But this year, when we began writing our notes to people and thanking them, we read the cards and it was good. I was ready to read what people wrote. And we so appreciated each and every one.

I wanted to share a beautiful letter "to Lilly" that we received from one woman, that we don't even know. (She is a member of Samaritan Ministries - our medical needs sharing group.) It was so touching it made me cry but I love it. Here it is:

Dear Little One,

Jesus has created you, in His eye, perfectly! How I envy you your daily walks with our Friend & Savior, Jesus. He has called YOU to grow in character & wisdom with Him, in heaven. As you continue your dwelling there, may He hold you & tell you of loving parents who yearn for the day when THEY can hold you & enjoy your precious companionship! You know, firsthand, of the Father’s sufficiency, His faithful love for us, & His complete trustworthiness for our needs each day. You know if there are puppies in heaven! Your parents are RICHLY blessed to have been touched by your life, yet are POORER for having had to say "goodbye" so soon! If you could, would you tell them you are well & happy & not to cry? Would you lift their chins & tell them that God still has need of them; to look within the cheer & the good purposes the Holy Spirit has designed them for? Would you laugh & break their hearts all over again with love for you?! You are a treasure! And I look forward to touching your cheek & hugging you as family-in-Christ one day! Welcome! And goodbye ... for a short time.

Your Samaritan Ministry’s "Aunt",
Jan
With deepest respect & ongoing prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know there are puppies in heaven because of the "heaven is for real" book. :-D

    ReplyDelete