caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, February 3, 2012

Lilly's memorial tree notebook


We've all been enjoying Lilly's memorial tree this year. January was (and will always be) "angel month." We received so many special angels from people to hang on the tree. I was afraid we would forget who sent what, so I made a special notebook to keep track of them all.

In the notebook I made a divider tab for each month. Behind "January" I glued a picture of every angel that we received. (Plus what we started with - Lilly's own angel ornaments and some T. and I made.) I wrote the name of each person that sent the ornament. And if there was a story they shared about their ornament, I put that in too.

I figure the notebook will be a good keepsake. Plus, whoever inherits the tree (probably T.), will have the story for all the ornaments compiled in one place.

We decided that we will change the decorations each month on the 4th, since that would be an anniversary of Lilly's, being born July 4. So tomorrow is the day for February! The kids and I made some paper hearts for the tree, and T. and I have been sewing stuffed hearts to hang too. I have some fabric markers and we're writing on the stuffed hearts too. "Mamma Loves Lilly" and "Jesus Loves Lilly" etc.


I got some plastic tote bins to store the monthly ornaments in. Tomorrow's the 4th so we'll remember Lilly by changing out the angels for hearts.

We continue to collect ideas about preserving and sharing memories. One I found earlier this week was on Ali's blog (a little girl that lived over 2 years with Trisomy 13). Her mama has put together a baby board book of pictures of Ali for her baby sister. She ordered it from:
http://mycustomstory.com/ I thought this was such a neat idea and am looking forward to making one of Lilly for our baby-on-the-way. So many wonderful, comforting and healing ideas out there!

"The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord." - Psalm 33:5b

7 comments:

  1. I actually thought of you when I posted that info about that board book. So glad you like the idea!!! I am sure that new baby will love seeing pictures and hearing the stories about Lilly!!

    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I just wanted you to know I used your site for inspiration and for ideas of how to cope with certain issues with our own little daughter Renee,who was born in October with T18. I cried when Lilly passed on, and now our Renee has joined Lilly. She died Thursday after a short bout of pneumonia, at home, in my arms, 4 days short of 4 months old.May the Lord bless you and your children.Love Gina in Israel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina I'm so sorry to hear about Renee! I will be praying for your comfort, peace, and healing. There must be so many T18 children in heaven. All whole and perfect and all friends. And I know that is comforting to think about them happy and with Jesus. Yet it is so hard for us to miss them every day! God bless you and your family. Thank you for letting me know - I hope you see my reply.

      Delete
    2. dear gina, praying for your peace and healing. thinking of little renee playing with lilly and all the other trisomy children in heaven.

      Delete
    3. My heart is heavy to hear of your loss. We will hold you in our hearts and keep you in our prayers.

      Delete
    4. Thank you and God bless you all. Gina.

      Delete
  3. I love your ideas, Lisa. You never cease to amaze me as I continue to read Lilly's blog. I listened to Bubba's sermon the other day. Enjoyed it very much. We send our love.

    Ellen and family

    ReplyDelete