caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hospital visitor



Today was Lilly's first trip to a hospital as a visitor rather than a patient. We went to see her Pop (paternal grandpa). He had a stroke last week and sadly isn't doing very well. Lilly wore her cheery Valentine's Day attire and did her best to spead joy to Pop and his many visitors.


Several nurses asked about Lilly. Most were rather startled when they found out that she is 7.5 months old and no she was not born pre-mature.

Sitting by Pop's bed with Lilly I was overwhelmed with thankfulness for God sparing Lilly's life. And I felt such sadness and sympathy for my sweet mother-in-law who hasn't left Pop's side at the hospital. (Or for the last 60 years for that matter!) My ongoing prayers are for them both.

Once again here's that dilemma - it's so painful to lose our loved ones and we plea with God to spare them. Yet why do we selfishly do that when the afterlife is better beyond anything we can imagine? I guess one reason is that our loved ones become such a part of who we are that when they die, part of us dies too.

Some words of comfort are what I need tonight:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Matthew 11:28

To end with a little humor, look at the second picture of Lilly on her playmat - what has she done?

4 comments:

  1. You little sneak!!! You took your sock off!!!!!

    Tabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed it RIGHT away! YAAY! WE LOVE SNEAKY LILLY!

    I am so sorry that Frank Sr. is not doing well. I so want him to recover to enjoy his family and vice versa so badly. I am so grateful that He and Miss Ginny have taken Lisa and Tabby in and loved them and been so kind to special to them....especially to our Tabby.
    I don't know really them, but I LOVE these 2 precious people for that reason. "Please, God. Heal Pop. They still need him."

    Shisshy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed sneaky Lilly before I read the end! Praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Lilly was able to visit her Pop and grandma today - I am sure she brought some sunshine into their room!
    It is so hard to watch those we love suffer and yet still even harder to let them go! As Christians we know there awaits a better place - where there is no pain nor tears! But like you said our loved ones are a part of us [sometimes the best part] and so to lose them, we lose part of ourselves! Thinking of your mother-in-law staying by his side for 60 yrs. [my parents spent 61yrs. together] thats a life time! So how do we let go -by giving God the control! We find the strength that their love gave us and allow them to leave our arms and go rest in the arms of our Lord!
    Praying for you all - remembering that God holds us all in HIS plan and for His purpose!

    ReplyDelete