caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Monday, February 7, 2011

A million dollar smile

Last night Lilly smiled! Several times! I was so excited as this is the first time she's smiled in over a week. Usually it makes her smile when we gently touch our noses to hers. But with all the tubes in her nose, I don't think that's comfortable for her right now. But last night she smiled in response to me giving her tiny kisses on her cheek. It certainly did my heart good to see that.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine . . . ." - Proverbs 17:22

She has also started doing something new. She did it Saturday night, but I wasn't sure it wasn't just a coincidence. But she did it again last night. And that is this - when I rub her hand with my finger, she opens 3 of her fingers and grabs and holds onto my finger. She does it easily with her left hand. Not too much with her right.

It's fun when a normal baby first does things like this, but with Lilly, it is a serious time to rejoice since we don't know what is going on in her brain. So praise the Lord! :)



It's 9:30 a.m. and I'm waiting for a caseworker to come in to help set up Lilly with the home medical supply place. I'm anxious to get her home oxygen tanks and paraphernalia so that we can GO HOME!!

4 comments:

  1. left-handed people are extra special, lilly;) i'm glad we have another one in the family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that grabbing on to your finger is such a special feeling. I've got big smiles here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that is so sweet! She opens those tightly-clenched fingers (& you know that takes a lot of strength) to hold hands w/her Mama. What a huge moment that does a Mama's heart good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanta hold your hand!
    kisses
    mom

    ReplyDelete