caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Our family marveled that we had Lilly with us for her second Thanksgiving! Thank you God!

Lilly celebrated by sleeping in until noon today. We had to wake her up - sleepyhead! Then she got to hang out with her cousins for the afternoon. My mom and I tried to take pictures of all 7 cousins lined up on a couch, but it wasn't easy as 6 are under the age of 5. Lilly was the calmest.


Last night we left Lilly off the oxygen and hooked her to the pulse ox. She only set the alarm off once and it was just for a few seconds! Yippee! I'll monitor again tonight. I'm now actually wondering if our pulse ox is off. I hooked up both my son and I to it this evening and it told us we were only at a "95." Lilly was doing even better than that part of the night. I'm wondering if the numbers are a bit off and that Lilly is at and near 100 most of the time, like at the hospital. Hmmm ... maybe Lilly was on oxygen here when she didn't need to be. She sounded so good today I didn't even give her the Lasix. Lilly is thrilled with the idea that in general she won't need that cannula in her nose at night anymore! Now that is something to be thankful for!


The kids drew their annual turkey hand (last picture). Lilly's looked a lot bigger than last year's and I was able to trace all her fingers better this year, since her fingers aren't clenched like they used to be. (To see last year's drawing - and a tiny Lilly - click here.)

"I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving." - Psalm 69:30










3 comments:

  1. lilly bug,
    love these pictures! please ask mom to order me some when she makes her order.
    love you,
    mah mah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course Lilly has to be an angel for the pictures!
    l saw she was mezmorized by A.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete