caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, May 13, 2011

Smiles for Mamma and Daddy!

Tonight the nurse needed to change Lilly's bedding and she asked if I wanted to hold Lilly. What kind of question is that? So I got to hold Lilly in my arms for an hour. It was so wonderful. And the best part was that Lilly just kept smiling at us. Beautiful, wide smiles that warmed my soul.

Lilly got a different doctor tonight at shift change. He wants to be called by his first name and has a tattoo. Lilly and I aren't sure that is very "doctorly." But he has a big smile and is very optimistic about Lilly. We like that!

5 comments:

  1. I think God is writing that book for you. You are a precious mama and your family is doing mighty things. Could I send some homemade granola through my son to your husband to help you this week that you are in the hospital? It would be my blessing to serve you. It's very healthy. Take care of yourself, we are praying.

    Love in Christ,

    Cindy W-H

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is GREAT! We are still praying for you guys:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to you all as you travel your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, for smiles and holding your baby!

    We had the same doctor, too. We really liked him despite his "undoctorly" ways. We hope you get to come home soon!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just reading you got to HOLD Lilly brings tears of joy! The beautiful smiles she shared with you and her daddy says; your arms warmed her soul too!!

    The Dr.'s description does not sound like a typical Dr. but makes me think of JESUS in the bible, no one recognized Who HE was! May this Dr.'s smile reveal the compassion he has for his patients and may God guide him in Lilly's care!
    Hope today brings more smiles!
    love - holly

    ReplyDelete