caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A virus for Mother's Day

Lilly had a restless night and has a temperature this morning of 103 degrees. So it seems that she has some sort of virus instead of "just a cold." She is still on the high flow oxygen and her breathing is like grunts. She seems frustrated right now and I think a big part of that is she's hungry! I've learned well from our past four hospitalizations that she does NOT like only getting IV fluid. She wants her little belly full of milk. I am trying to convince the doctor to start her back on her feeds. The doctor said it would be discussed during rounds this morning.

I admit the complaint flashed though my head "Ugh -we're in the hospital on Mother's Day!" (I want to be with my other two children too.) But then I immediately thought "Lilly's still alive! Yay!" What more could I ask for? :) Thank you Lord!

4 comments:

  1. So glad the Dr.'s discovered she has a virus so they can treat it and hopefully she will recover Quickly - and get you both back home!
    I know the hospital is not where you want to spend Mothers Day but yes like you said Lilly is alive and thats a Wonderful Mothers Day Gift!!! I often think of moms that are no longer with us, or their children are gone,and all the moms who they themselves are in the hospital - Praying God will comfort You and ALL of them today! Rejoicing ; in the gift of Motherhood!!

    Lilly you Have a AWESOME mom!!!
    Blessings -holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm continuing to pray for Lilly. I hope she will soon be well and back at home!

    Rima in Cary, NC

    ReplyDelete