caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, May 14, 2011

No smiles for you!

Today my husband stayed at the hospital all day so I could go home and spend time with our other kids. I've been here a week straight so it did feel good to get a break. My son especially was so affectionate and kept throwing his arms around me and telling me how much he missed me. Awwwww! There was lots to talk to my daughter about so the day flew by. I'm back at the hospital now and my husband is home with the children.

My husband said Lilly had a rather fussy morning but a pretty good afternoon. The doctor said that her fussing and squirming was a good sign to show that she had energy to do all that. They've really been cutting her oxygen down. She's at 2 liters now. I don't know if he got to see any smiles from Lilly today. But I did not. When I came back in tonight Lilly got MAD at me! She looked at me and fussed and fussed, just telling me all sorts of complaints for a good 45 minutes. I don't think she appreciated me leaving the hospital and not taking her with me! I finally got her to sleep by shaking her bed. I pray she has a good night not only for her sake but mine. She was awake so much last night that I didn't get much sleep and I feel like a zombie.

Oh no ... she's waking up now ...

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry Faith is smiling at both of you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days we just don't feel like smiling. We just press on. Keep on pressing on Lilly.

    ReplyDelete