caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Super Supplements


Tonight is the night of our family camp out. Only Lilly and I are just camping out in spirit. The rest of the family is in the backyard in a tent. (The 2 older children have been asking to do this for a long time.) But the thought of lugging all of Lilly's equipment out and running extension cords to the house, was too much for me. (Add that to us trying not to have her out in the pollen very much.) So Lilly and I are blogging before we have a girls only slumber party. Not as fun but it will do.

Today I found some outfits I liked for Lilly at the thrift shop. Some were impractical now that she has the g-tube. Others were larger sizes. I have a really hard time with those. It's hard to know what will fit her in what season. She's almost 11 months old and is just now starting to grow out of size 3 months. And the other problem is I feel panicky at times wondering will she even still be alive then to wear whatever it is. So I usually just put the stuff back. I guess it sounds like I don't have much faith when I think like that. I do though - and it's growing. (Another Lilly lesson for me.) I am a "work in progress" for sure.

I have always added a supplement to Lilly's milk called Advanced Ambrotose (by Mannatech.) This is a glyconutrient that promotes immune system health at the cellular level. There are a lot of documented studies showing this has helped others with problems like Down Syndrome and autism. Now we are adding two new products from a company called RBC Life. This company and some related people were generous to give me some free samples when I was pregnant with Lilly. One of those freebies was a product that is now available to the public called VitAloe. This is another immune boosting product, which Lilly badly needs. It helps with digestive issues too. You can read a summary of this product at: http://www.rbclifesciences.net/pdfs/vitaloe.pdf The other new product is called Stem-Kine. This one is really interesting as it regenerates damaged tissues. It supports bone marrow to produce more stem cell. See:
http://www.rbclifesciences.net/pdfs/stem-kine.pdf
Lord willing, these products will really help Lilly's body.

I am down to just needing to lose 13 more pounds to be back at my pre-pregnancy weight. I read Dr. Sears' High Speed Fat Loss in 7 Easy Steps and one of the recommendations was to take a 600 microgram chromium picolinate supplement once a day. I started in early May (500 mcg) and have lost 5 pounds. Really exciting since I've spent much of the month with Lilly at the hospital and didn't do much other than eat and sit.

Grace and peace!

4 comments:

  1. Our blog is little faith to big faith for a reason...if there is one thing I learned from Faith's situation, my faith is no where near the place it needs to be. I feel like the guy who said Lord I believe, help my unbelief. However, I am working toward the centurion whose great faith amazed Jesus. Stay in His Word...faith comes by hearing and hearing and hearing...keep building your faith along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you just throw the tissues away, get a new box at the store, and use those! :) (I'm joking!) Okay.
    Really. I hope the stuff helps Lilly even though her dirty dipers look sooo weird!

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mannatech product is not helping your daughter, and has not helped anyone with Down Syndrome or autism. There are no scientific studies proving any of that. Stop giving it to her. She takes enough things to help her... you don't need this snake oil in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear anonymous,
    our family's lives have been enriched, even saved due to the use of supplements. we each have different body chemistry and different needs. what works for one person may not help another because of the difference in body chemistry. the medical profession nearly killed my older son with drugs. a holistic health care professional saved his life and has helped our family over the years with specific health concerns, some of which the medical profession could not help us. although i do not take mannatech products myself, i certainly don't feel it is "snake oil." i have seen it help others in my family and my friends.
    blessings,
    lilly's grandmother

    ReplyDelete