caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Baby Wearing


I love the phrase "baby wearing." Most days I am "wearing" my baby in her ring sling for part of the day. She looks like such a little peanut! We get to be close and I get to have my hands free for some tasks. I've found that Lilly's gaining a pound has really helped her fit better in the sling.

I spent a portion of this afternoon reading the blogs of several other little girls with trisomy 18. It was helpful to learn about daily life with them and their development in general. But it was also a very painful reminder to find on several blogs announcements of the babies deaths.

At times I get so frustrated knowing these children die so early. It's just "not fair!" And yet every one I read about has touched so many, many lives. So many of these precious T-18 children are described as "angels" and are fiercely loved. And all of those that died have gone to be with Jesus. So how could that not "be fair?" Logically, it's wonderful! Emotionally, it's hard to deal with.

Well, it took awhile, but I officially have the family cold. :(

7 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! Lilly is beautiful, as are you! I love reading this eloquent blog each time you post, thank you! God bless you all! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the faith. Lilly is a blessing to so many people. My family has definitely been touched by her. It is tough to battle the unknown and as a parent, I can't imagine how you must feel. Just keep looking up and you won't go wrong. I love the peaceful Lilly pic...she is a doll. Sorry you all have colds. I'm praying everyone soon will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilly looks so peaceful and happy to be in her ring sling up next to Mommy! Hope you are all are feeling better soon.

    Love to all,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colds are so annoying!!!! Lilly looks so comfortable and happy in the picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever happens in the future: This little girl is a big tressure that you'll always have. She has touched not only youre heart, but i am glad i got to know her a little too. She does remind me of the secret in the book "The little prince" from Antoine De Saint- Exupéry.
    If you ever get the chance to read the book or see the beatiful touching English movieversion with Gene Wilder as the fox in it: you won't regret it. Lilly reminds me of the Little prince in all her honesty and innocense.
    Love to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Wearing your baby" is good for Mama, Daddy and Baby. Love this!!!

    Lilly is precious...love and hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete