caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, October 15, 2010

A Trip to the Pediatrician

Weight check = 5 lbs. 10 oz. :)

Today Lilly and her brother both had checkups with their pediatrician. Everything looked good! Lilly had 2 vaccines, one in shot form. When the nurse gave her the shot, Lilly's face turned red a few seconds then that was it. No tears at all. (I know people that get their kids every vaccine and others that say they're all bad. I guess I fall in between those views. I've studied The Vaccine Book and from that information have choosen some vaccines I want my kids to have, on a staggered schedule. Especially Lilly, because of her lack of thymus.)

Everyone in the family but me have colds. We are concerned that Lilly might be getting one because she's sounding congested and her nose is starting to run. I hate that. I am trying not to feel worried about her being sick.

Some news that made us cheer today: G., another trisomy 18 little baby girl who is about a month younger that Lilly, had heart surgery today to repair her VSD. She made it through the surgery, though last I heard, is still on the ventilator. (Please say a prayer for G.) We get so excited hearing about other trisomy 18 babies that are living and cheer them on.

Hmmmm ... right now sneaky Lilly is working a sock off her foot. Finally she's caught in the act!

5 comments:

  1. LOL, maybe she is hot??? I have to take off my socks when I am hot.
    Hoping the cold passes by Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for a shield around lilly to deflect those cold germs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for Baby G and way to go Lilly:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for Baby G to come off the vent and for Lilly to be free of that cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it Lilly is keeping you busy with the socktrick. I think its just to say you she's still there and she likes to be touched by you.
    I think she is determand to get better because she sure has a strong will :-)

    ReplyDelete