caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lilly verses the bulb syringe


Cold germs spread like wildfire in my house leaving no one standing but me. My oldest daughter is much better but my youngest has definitely got it. Yep Lilly has a cold, though thankfully, it seems like a light case. And since she can't blow her nose I had to get out the dreaded bulb syringe.

I've always found the bulb syringe to be annoying. It never really seemed to suck the stuff out of my babies noses very well and just made them mad. However, I now know that they simply did not have the perfect-bulb-syringe-nose. Lilly does. The thing fits exactly into her nose and I can execute some amazing snot sucking with it! Whenever I hear Lilly's breathing getting too congested, a couple rounds with the bulb syringe and she's breathing great! And she doesn't even complain about it, which is equally amazing. Perhaps it just seems incredibly insignificant considering all she's suffered through already.

Thanks be to God that my worries about Lilly getting a cold and being really bad off were not to be.

7 comments:

  1. Lilly is being covered in prayers as always.

    regarding the dreaded bulb syringe, I had a friend who had a baby same time I had Moriah and she told me she sucked the snot out with her mouth as she couldn't stand the thought of putting the bulb syringe in his nose. Yuk, but Moms gotta do what Mom's gotta do. She may even read this blog.

    Please post Lilly's weight on every blog if she has gained even half of an ounce. thanks. Love you Silly Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one of lilly's best pictures yet! her face looks so filled out (hmmm....hope it's not just from the cold mucus).

    see you monday lilly! please, please don't give mah mah your cold. i don't even own a bulb syringe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. could we have an update of lilly with the american girl dolls? it would be interesting to see how much she has grown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lilly, you look like you're smiling at the bulb syringe:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. my day is brighter knowing she is handleing her cold...
    xxoo to each one of you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the syringe is helping with her congestion. I think you're right, with what she's been through, a little cold is nothing to Lilly! Love her smiling face!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wee girl is a fighter! No little cold....or bulb syringe is going to get her down:o) Hope all are feeling better soon. Prayers coming your way right now!

    ReplyDelete