caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Friday, October 22, 2010

NG Tube - Take Two

Weight check = 5 lbs. 14 ozs.

Moving around the house with Lilly isn't easy. I love to carry her. But I have to roll her milk and pump along with us everywhere. (When we leave the house the pump and milk bag fit into a small backpack, which is nice. Sometimes I use that to get us around the house. It's also great for walks.) I'm not complaining - I'm so thankful for how that milk and pump are helping Lilly gain weight! But it does take extra time, thinking ahead, being extra careful, etc.


This afternoon Lilly's NG tube got a clog. I tried to loosen it by squirting a syringe full of water through it. But to not avail. The water just shot back at me. So that meant taking back out the NG tube I had wrestled with getting in yesterday. Sigh. Thank God that today the tube inserted very easily and Lilly only cried a little. I couldn't pull anything out of her stomach today and therefore couldn't do the pH test. But I wasn't too worried as that frequently happened at the hospital. I did the air puff with stethoscope test and that was fine. Whew!

For "family night" tonight we watched a couple episodes of "The Duggars: Eighteen and Counting." (A show documenting a family with 18 children, though they now have 19.) This is the first time my family has watched any and we really enjoyed them. At the hospital, I had read aloud the Duggars' book to my husband and Lilly and we found it fascinating. As I watched their beautiful family, and looked at my own children, I couldn't help but think of Psalm 127:3:

"Behold, children are a heritage of from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward."

5 comments:

  1. almost 6 pounds!yeahhhhhhhh.....

    let's celebrate with a tea party when she reaches that milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Lilly! You're growing like a weed now! It will be wonderful when you are able to feed without the pump, but praise God that someone invented this handy tool. We like the Duggars too. They are a good, wholesome family with great values. Hope the cold is better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. once years ago, I was teaching a class of children. I ask each to pick a chapter to memorize. Wendi picked Psalms 127. never forget.
    mj

    ReplyDelete