caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lessons from Lilly

Recently C, a dear friend of mine, posted "Lessons from Lilly" on her blog. (She also posted the link to where she got the pattern for the cute shirt she made Lilly.) You can read what C wrote at: http://inspiration4theday.blogspot.com/2010/09/lessons-from-lilly.html

As I reflected on what C said were things that Lilly inspired her to do better, I realized that Lilly has taught ME so many lessons and inspired me to do so much more and to do things better. I'd like to take the time to make a list sometime soon.

I am continually amazed at what this wee little girl has done in her 3 short months of life so far. It's nothing she's been able to do physically - she still isn't capable of smiling. But through God, just her existence has inspired people to love their families better, to be more grateful for everything, to strengthen their relationship with God, to repair their relationships with other people, etc.

I am definitely a proud mama! And grateful to God for giving me increasing strength to deal with all that goes along with loving Lilly.

Lilly's verse today is from Psalm 119:88 ". . . Preserve my life according to your love, . . ."

7 comments:

  1. I love both my L's...and am so proud to be a small part of your family
    mj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have learned much from Lilly. I was discussing this just yesterday and today with a couple of my friends who say the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. as tabitha and i have been reading the story of queen esther in our evening devotions, who knows but that lilly's life wasn't created for "such a time (purpose) as this?" therefore, let us all love one another deeply and from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lilly has definitely been a blessing in my life! Thinking of her keeps me grounded and brings me back to the things that are most important...our faith in God, our family and our friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mom sent me the link to this entry yesterday. i have felt the same way. i've learned so much about my relationship with my own kids as well as being inspired by people i love and their devotion to one of their children. God's purpose in Lilly's life is touching in so many ways!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's how I found out about Lilly - through C's blog. :) So glad that she may be able to come home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re: Marsha's comment on "time, purpose"

    JUST THINK,you're here not by chance,
    but by God's choosing.
    His hand formed you
    and made you
    the person you are.
    He compares you to no one else--
    you are one of a kind.
    You lack nothing
    that His grace can't give you.
    He has allowed you to be here
    at this time in history
    to fulfill His special purpose
    for this generation.
    (Source: Inspirational Calendar)

    Thoughts and prayers continue for Lilly and each of you.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete