caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Plugged in ...

Today's lesson was "how do I do things holding Lilly when she's plugged into the milk pump and the milk pump is plugged into the wall?" I found myself stopping a number of times today thinking "Ohhh ... that won't work." Even just taking Lilly from her bouncy seat in the kitchen to go get her diaper changed in another room takes some planning ahead. Downstairs I can carry Lilly and push around her stand holding the milk bag and pump. (After first disconnecting it from the electrical outlet! Thankfully the pump stays charged up for a number of hours. My husband and I have to tag team to get Lilly and all her stuff upstairs at the same time.

Lilly is a normal baby in that she often decides to get fussy when I need to make dinner. So this evening when it happened I just rolled her "milk stand" out to the deck and had my husband hold her while he also kept an eye on our son.

Of course none of this is really that important in the whole scheme of things. But has got me thinking - one more time - that I'll never again take for granted again being able to quickly and easily carry my baby from room to room or up and down stairs.

6 comments:

  1. Boy, I bet it does take some adjustment! But you and Bubba are "take it as it comes" kind of people and will figure it all out.
    Good lesson for today. Take NOTHING for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds as if it will take some 'moving' stuff that was so pretty here and there, to places that make it a bit easier to care for children.
    My, you've been tested by fire and come out pure gold so this will only be second to that!
    and you two are in good 'hands'
    so are the 3 children
    all our love and blessings from our God today
    mj/pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. great lesson and i love the pic on your deck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have to make "lemonade" during the short time we have here...Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She sure looks peaceful out there in the fresh air :o)

    ReplyDelete