caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Lily of the Valley ...

There's very little to report today because Lilly had such a good day! This morning her vitals and chest x-ray looked good so she was able to "step down" which meant that she could be moved out of intensive care.

So that's what we did this afternoon. Road trip to the 6th floor! Lilly got settled in after a bit and rested in her bed. (See second picture) Then I held her and talked to her and sang to her. She watched me with her big eyes. It was hard to leave her tonight.

Lilly's nurse this afternoon said that after checking her he had the hymn "Lily of the Valley" stuck in his head and it was driving him crazy because he couldn't remember all the verses. So he finally googled it and felt better.

My husband said he and Lilly worked on a little Greek this morning in reading about our Lord: "I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the End, who is and was and is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:8. Lilly indicated her favorite verse in this chapter was verse 17 which says "Do not be afraid . . . ."

I think that verse is a good one for all of us to remember!

10 comments:

  1. I've always loved lily of the valley flowers. They are so tiny and smell so sweet, much like our little Lilly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i do believe, little granddaughter, that was your uncle steve's favorite song when he was growing up...

    thinking of the verse.."for He all my griefs has taken, and all my sorrows borne.." a comfort verse for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that song too and now i will always think of Lilly when i hear it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wee one, you look so good! Your eyes are bright and your skin is so pretty and pink. I'm so glad your mommy and daddy can hold you now. We are continuing to pray for your health and strength. God loves you and so do we.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lilly looks sooo different! What a blessing to see such bright and beautiful eyes! I am amazed! She looks ready to play! Beautiful! We are all so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I have found a friend in Jesus, he's every thing to me, he's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul, He's the Lilly of the valley,the bright and morning star, he's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul"
    your gg grand ma Eva..your gmahmah Marsha,your ggma Lillian,and gMama j are singing this to you today and love those bright wide open eyes.sending hugs and kisses! And now, maybe big sister will get to see you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The song I have been singing since the day she was born, when you told me her name! What a blessing to know the nurse knows that song and that she knows Jesus! Sounds like Lilly is at a pretty good hospital! May we all
    "... live by faith and do His blessed will...''

    ReplyDelete
  8. She already looks healthier to me than when I saw her last, even with all the plugs and cords. Keep grown little Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love you lilly!!!!! I hope you come home soon!!!!!!! i miss you so so much and can't wait to play with you!!!!!!!!!!! Hunter says hi and I love you and wants to see you soon as he can! when we get home he wants to play with
    you so much!!!

    love,
    Tabby & Hunter :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing those bright eyes and getting more good news today!!

    ReplyDelete