caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sneaky Lilly


Weight check = 5 lbs. 9 ozs.

Lilly kept playing a trick on me this morning. I had her in her bouncy seat in the kitchen while she napped and I was in and out of the room. When I came in to check on her, I saw she had kicked her sock off. I put it back on her. Then a little later the sock was off again. I put it back on. This went on several more times. It just struck me as funny because every time I would look at her, she'd seem to be sound asleep, looking totally innocent.

My husband told me that last night, Lilly opened her thumb up enough to hook it in her NG tube and was tugging on it like she was trying to get it out. I'm sure that will be a happy day for her to get it out. But, it certainly is helping, since she's gaining a half ounce a day. I told her that not many babies get to eat while taking a bath like she did today. She looked at me, completely unimpressed.

10 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! And i often want to eat while bathing...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just keep on fooling us Lilly! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilly charms us even when she's being a little dickens!! Love this . . . and I love that she's gaining! All my best to you all, prayers too, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! She is adorable! Hey Lisa, I forgot to ask why she has the tube out of her head in some pic's.

    I love your messages....God is Soooo good!!! I love the pic. of Tabitha holding her too.

    What about Church...are you worried about germs? I am glad you are going...I just hope she doesn't catch someones germs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this Lilly story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tooooooo cute! So glad she is gaining weight steadily. That is one precious baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. watch out alethia! lilly is going to catch up with you if she keeps gaining weight like this everyday! mah mah will have to get you matching outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious, give her a kiss from uncle D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, you'll just have to put the cute matching pants to that top with the feet in them!!! They have a ruffled bottom!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's our Lilly! Just one more proof of her indomitable spirit and will to live. Yeah!

    Shisshy will be waiting for you to come back when you get all chubby! I can't wait to pinch those cheeks when they fill out. guess which cheeks I mean.......(just ask your big brother...he knows!

    ReplyDelete