caption - title

The story of our precious little girl's 17 months of life with Trisomy 18 (July 4, 2010 - December 15, 2011) and of us, re-learning to live "after Lilly."
"I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made ...." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Worth every tear ...


Today's picture is of Lilly during our homeschool nature study. It was interesting coordinating tree identification and leaf and bark rubbings with my oldest daughter, while taking Lilly and all her paraphernalia (pump, pole, and milk bag) all over the yard.


Today I read an article by former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum, who's youngest daughter, Bella, has trisomy 18. The article, written May of this year, was celebrating Bella turning 2. (Yay!) As I read the article, I identified with so much of what Mr. Santorum said. It seems like so many of us that give birth to a trisomy 18 baby have the same sorrows, battles, and incredible joy. You can read the article, entitled "The Elephant in the Room: Two years worth every tear," at:
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/columnists/rick_santorum/92842239.html

5 comments:

  1. just read the article...very moving and it's amazing how many things that he mentions, you have mentioned to us!!!! glad T and Lilly got to do their nature study today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she looks happy to be outside in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am back in Jacksonville and I have to tell you how I looked forward to "Lilly Reports" every night while I was away. I loved seeing how plump she is getting in her 6lb plus picture. She is starting to look like a normal, health baby. Can't wait to pinch her butt cheeks! Mah Mah said they were close to being pinchable...

    SHE LOOKS SO GOOD AND THAT MAKES MY HEART SING.

    I watch Rick Santorum on Fox all the time. I never knew he had a T-18 child. They are everywhere. I will read the article soon.

    Love you,Shisshy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lilly looks fabulous and that fresh air has got to do her good! Keep up the good work. I'm going to read the article on a day when I'm not already weepy:o) Not today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!! Just amazing what miracles we get to experience in our lives.. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete